The Callan Method is a fun, unique, and fast way to learn a language. It’s very effective and is known by teachers and students all over the world. Students listen and speak more than they usually would within a traditional classroom setting. There are certain pedagogical benefits of the Callan Method for learning English, proving that it’s not overhyped. These are:
- A Coherent Curriculum
- Avoids Overloading the Learner
- Systematic Dealing With Phrases, Word Groupings, and Collocation
- The Callan Method ensures that students are exposed to word groupings and common collocations.
- Every part of a sentence is delivered as a grouping of words when classes do dictation.
- Students and teachers speak in turn, with teachers aiming to support the student when required. The aim is to speak fluently, and instructors make sure that pauses in their delivery occur at natural boundaries between phrases or word groups.
- The workbooks for the Callan Method (B1 and B2) respectively give great importance to collocation and phrasing.